Onto scrapbooking! We all have one of 'those months' and May just happens to be ours. So much happens right through the entire month, we have birthdays galore in the family - 3 of my children are May babies sharing the month with my wonderful Mum, sister in law, brother in law, nieces and nephews, we also have aniversaries, our wedding anniversary among them and my hubby always spoils me with the most amazing floral bouquets but I wanted to share a special birthday in my A Year in Time album, my beautiful girl turning thirteen and unless she is taking 'selfies' with her friends its very hard to get a photo of her!
So I would like to share with you all my May page of A Year in Time! If you like the look and feel of texture on your projects you cant go past texture paste and stencils. I love them! So easy to use and the effects are awesome!
1. Using G45 May foundation A Place In Time page I cut and distressed all four edges and adhered it to a piece of contrasting purple/lilac bazzill.
2. I love these Creative Workshop templates! Using mini confetti and texture paste I applied randomly to my page as the first layer. Highlighing by gently rubbing with distress ink Milled Lavender.
3. Taking a beautiful Ornate chipboard frame and clock I applied a generous coat of gesso to both and then lightly sanded to give a shabby look, then applied distress inks milled lavender and dusty concord before lightly spraying with TA pop rocks glimmer mist and I used Glamour Dust ice crystal glaze (ultra fine glitter paint) on the clock face.
3. Using a small chipboard butterfly I first used a Gelly Roll pen Purple Star (I love these pens, so quick to add colour and glitter to chipboard) then placed 3 tiny self adhesive Say it with Pearls, gently folding up the wings to add some diminsion.
4. Building my layers I first used a paper doily coloured again with distress inks in this case Milled Lavender. Using the reverse of G45 May cut-a-parts I cut from the striped pattern paper a piece to look like a banner/bunting flag laying this over a piece of cut lace which was coloured with TA Pop Rocks glimmermist. Place your photo and lay frame over the top.
5. Next I arranged some purple Prima blossoms, a beautiful hand crocheted lavender flower, butterfly, purple button with bakers twine and placed a Prima Shabby Chic birdhouse resin. Using the May cut-a-parts I cut two sentiments of 'Happy Birthday' and scrolled the ends.
6. Placing the clock and small blossom in the top left corner with scrap dots to lift it slightly and finishing with washi tape of two little birds on a branch under torn edge. Place some lavender pearls in the swirls and you are done.
I think you get the idea my beautiful girl likes the colour purple! even her hair has purple dip dyed tips!
Thanks for stopping by and remember to pop on over to the Wild About Scrap store and grab some wonderful products.
Call back soon to see more of our latest creations as we catch up on the Month of June!