Friday, April 26, 2013

I've been sewing....

Well it's not often I sew, either with a machine or by hand these days! Usually just to mend something but as I had said in an earlier post our school has organised a stall for Mother's Day so the kids can purchase inexpensive gifts. Trying to come up with ideas was really hard and it's not like our p&c had surplus funds to go purchase at the wholesalers!

The other day I needed to sew on a button and do you think I could find a needle, nope! Then I remembered I had this really sweet needlebook I bought at a craft fair awhile back sitting in my draw so I thought I would give it ago. It didn't look to fiddly, quite simple actually. So I thought lol! Off to spolight to grab some cheap fabric and wadding, then started cutting out. This took the longest time, I tried to save time by cutting out a number at the one time but made so many mistakes I went back to individually cutting each book. Anyway I am really pleased with how these turned out. I just love the little fabric gathered flower too.



Thanks for popping in and if you have any sewing tips I would love to hear them! Also any other little crafty items or ideas for our stall would be greatly appreciated!

Until next time, have a very crafty day!


 Photobucket

1 comment: