Monday, January 24, 2011

First Ever Digi Page!

OMGosh!! I have been playing with digital scrapbooking images all morning and having the best time. Still have so very much to learn. Originally all I wanted was to do some photo editing. You know how they add those faded edges to photos or put fancy overlays in a corner. Recently at a crop night a friend scrapped a photo that had been digitally edited and it looked awesome. I wanted to do it too :) So for the last few days I have been reading up and researching and grabbing a few freebies along the way and this morning I thought I'd dabble a bit and after much frustrations from type I gave in and tried to do a digital layout instead, so this is what I have come up with. I am rather happy with my efforts :)

Bit hard to see the journaling (yes I did jornal :) so much easier when you can type it!) but it reads
'These are the gifts that my beautiful children gave to me on my birthday. Such
sweet precious sweethearts they are. The little Gem babies represent each of
them. The little dog cookie jar is special as its the very first pressie from
 Trav with his own money lol!

I had such fun doing this and I think I will be dabbling some more. Not that it will replace my normal scrapbooking as I do love the lumpy bumpy and bling on a page. I still didn't work out how to edit the photos and put borders and overlays on, think its time to go back and have another play while the kids are occupied. TFL!

Had to share my Gem Babies - I LOVE them!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment